Followers

Monday 27 May 2013

Emptiness

Sometimes when you don’t know what to say, it may be best to not say anything at all…

But then, sometimes you think you have nothing to say, yet you’re a sea of unrest.

Upon closer inspection, you have a jumble of thoughts hiding in the void of your mental space.

Almost hidden from you under the perfect camouflage of your pain, anger, happiness, hope… apathy.

These times, I’m learning, its perfect to examine the void for what it holds, to shift through the masquerading emptiness.

That is, if you’re brave enough to do so…

Some people run from their personal truths faster, harder and longer than they’ll run from their greatest fear.

Why is that?

I think it’s because of all the people we lie to and/or mislead (whether subconsciously or not).

We lie to ourselves the best and most decisively.

We can convince ourselves that we’re failures– at either life or a single task– or that we’ll never amount to anything, or that our shit doesn’t stink and we’re God’s gift to the world…

And I find that we can do this to ourselves with an alarming amount of focus and ferocity.

I believe humbleness and having a true sense of self are rare traits to see cultivated in others these days.

Though, this doesn’t excuse us the responsibility of trying to attain & teach them both.

I’ve accepted all parts of me, for they make me who I am.

I’m learning to maintain a proper sense of self for there’s nothing more unattractive than the person that fails to realize their self-worth.

OR that person with an over inflated self-value and an over abundance of ego and arrogance.

It is the light, dark, and empty parts combined that make me the unique character I am, that makes us all who we are.

The sooner we accept ourselves for what we truly are, the sooner we can rise above our own weaknesses and constraints

I’ll end with a quote from Alan Alda:

“You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.”

Will you visit your wilderness? Or are you afraid of what you’ll find there?


Till then,
Luv, xoxo ;)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers